Aug 4, 2007

Project Bathroom
Day 1: Overall today was a great day. After visiting Marc and Mariah who loaned me practically all the tools I would need and after Larry gave me his lifesaving knee pads...I set out to tile my guest bathroom. I grew up with carpet in bathrooms - but after a few roommates...my guest bath was in no shape for carpet!! So, I was going to hire someone to do it for me but why do that when you can do it yourself, right?? Ask me tomorrow, when I can't move if I still like that decision. Today I removed the carpet, tack board, padding and trim. I put down the underlay material with thin set. And then I started dry setting the tiles (translation: I cut tile then cut some more tile and then cut some more tile). I decided to put the tile on the diagonal - and now I know why Travis laughed at me yesterday. The hardest part was the vent area and toilet area - but those are done. Hopefully tomorrow I can get everything else cut and then thin set the tile next week. The goal is to have it done by when my parents arrive Labor Day weekend. Here are a couple of shots of the progress thus far...



And yes Dad, I will fix the stripes that I couldn't reach behind the toilet when I painted last year :)

No comments: